9 Lives and Counting is the product of guitarist, Peter Alexander's exhaustive search for the perfect mix of musicianship and camaraderie. It has taken 10 years, but finally 9 Lives and Counting is poised to leave its mark on the history of rock.
The first element, was Craig Burnatowski a multi-talented singer and actor. Craig provides power and depth to the vocals that compliment Peter's sonic tapestry. Ever mindful of melody, Craig utilizes his versatility to make each song stand alone as a unique story.
The next member to join, was Jason Hutchings on drums. Jason draws heavily upon his education in music performance and composition to add new layers to the nuanced sound, 9 Lives and Counting has been seeking. Behind the kit, Jason is a ferocious beast powering the engine that drives the songs home.
Finally, the missing link was found. Rounding out the sound on the bottom end is Scott Everatt. Scott's bass lines add an element of groove and funk, that separates 9 Lives and Counting from their peers.
These four, who are as humble as they are talented, are ready to bring the fun and energy back to rock!
When you combine these elements, what you get is distinctly, unmistakeable sound of 9 Lives and Counting.
Peter was born in Montreal and but soon moved to Ontario where he grew up in Vankleek Hill. After a year of living in Ottawa he made the move to Toronto where he now calls home. After first playing with an all original band, he soon found himself shredding for tribute acts of Iron Maiden and Aerosmith. Later success involved playing with Space Tramp Cowboy who were fortunate enough to share stages with I Mother Earth on several occasions. Peter played with a couple other acts (Vagrant, The Criminals) before taking a break from the industry and a life of living paycheque to paycheque.
Craig recorded his first original CD at the age of 18 with his band Plaid Soul at Q107’s Skylab studio with Bob Shindel.
Jason Hutchings grew up in a small town in the Muskoka’s (Haliburton). He started playing percussion and drums at the age of 10. He obtained his first drum kit and started his first band called “Fatal Glory”. His band “Last Call” won multiple band wars, were recognized in local papers, made appearances on local TV, and opened for Trooper.
Scott's first recorded original CD was done while playing with the band Plaid Soul at Q107’s Skylab studio with Bob Shindel at age 19.
- November 15, 2015 The Rockpile, Toronto
- October 29, 2015 The Opera House, Toronto
- October 6, 2015 Linsmore Tavern, Toronto
- September 26, 2015 Lee's Palace, Toronto
- September 4, 2015 HopeFest at Eaglewood Resort, Pefferlaw
- August 23, 2015 Velvet Underground, Toronto
- July 30, 2015 Lee's Palace, Toronto
- June 20, 2015 Duffy's Tavern, Toronto
- June 13, 2015 ORB Bar & Event Venue, Toronto
- May 16, 2015 The Opera House, Toronto
- May 15, 2015 Mây, Toronto
- May 9, 2015 Duffy’s Tavern, Toronto
- April 3, 2015 The Duke Live, Toronto
- March 21, 2015 Lee’s Palace, Toronto
- March 8, 2015 The Duke Live, Toronto
- December 18, 2014 Cherry Cola’s Rock N’ Rolla Cabaret Lounge, Toronto
- October 31, 2014 Zero Gravity Circus, Toronto
- October 9, 2013 Kitch Bar, Toronto
- August 22, 2013 The Lismore Tavern, Toronto
- August 7, 2013 The Cage, Toronto
- July 11, 2013 The Velvet Underground, Toronto
- June 10, 2013 The Opera House, Toronto
- April 13, 2013 The Velvet Underground, Toronto
- March 8, 2013 Rancho Relaxo, Toronto
- January 25, 2013 The Velvet Underground, Toronto
- January 19, 2013 Mây, Toronto
- December 14, 2012 The Rockpile, Toronto
- November 29, 2012 Smiling Buddha Bar, Toronto
- November 25, 2012 The Transact Club, Toronto
- October 25, 2012 Manhattan, Moncton
- October 23, 2012 Théâtre Rialto, Montreal
- October 22, 2012 Imperial de Québec, Québec
- October 21, 2012 University of Ottawa Alumni Auditorium, Ottawa
- October 20, 2012 Glenn Could Studio, Toronto
- September 1, 2012 Duffy’s Tavern, Toronto
- August 11, 2012 Duffy’s Tavern, Toronto
- August 3, 2012 The Velvet Underground, Toronto
- June 8, 2012 The Velvet Underground, Toronto
- May 12, 2012 The Velvet Underground, Toronto
- May 6, 2012 The Rockpile, Toronto